Patterns currently unavailable

 Hi everyone!

I know this isn't the kind of update you were hoping to see, but I wanted to make a post just to clear the air a bit and fill everyone in:

As of July 11th, I have removed all of my patterns from this blog and from Ravelry. While this move is temporary, I need some time to decide how I would like to proceed in regards to sharing my patterns.

This is likely news to most of you: recently, it was discovered that someone decided to steal my patterns, translate them, and redistribute them on an Etsy-like website. It's pretty hurtful when someone steals your work and doesn't give any credit to the original owner. It's doubly hurtful when they have decided to profit off and monetize your hard work. I have a wonderful community of followers on Instagram who brought the theft to my attention & report it. I am happy to report it has been removed!

I think in some respects, it can be seen as a flattering thing. Hey, your patterns are good enough that they're being taken. Means you've made it big time, right? In other ways, it also really sucks because it goes completely against the whole philosophy behind my blog and pattern design.

Frog & Fasten was originally a blog created for me to share my learnings around crocheting and pattern design. I wanted to be able to share any knowledge and patterns I've created for free. Other artists' blogs, YouTube videos and free patterns have been invaluable resources for me. I continue to use free resources to this day to help me as I design. I learned everything I know about crochet basics from free online resources. I felt very fortunate and lucky that some random internet strangers were kind enough to share their knowledge with me. As as way to pay it forward, I decided that I too would provide my patterns free of charge to share the love and happiness I was able to find in my life for free. Access to all is something that I value and is a huge reason why I choose not to monetize my patterns.

I know that not everyone is a bad apple and that this one incident shouldn't affect my desire to keep going with my blog. Having said that, this has taught me that despite sharing my patterns for free, I need to be extra vigilant about protecting my intellectual property and hard work.

SO! Long story short, my patterns will be unavailable until further notice.

Thank you for your understanding and for your support as always.

Much love,

Cindy

Comments

  1. Just recently came across your patterns and was planning on making a couple of pokemon for my friends, sad to see that the patterns are unavailable now, but I abosultely understand. I hope that you manage to find a way to share your amazing patterns and at the same time protect your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang! I was so looking forward to making your gengar pattern. It’s my absolute favorite one from any paid or free gengar patterns. I understand your frustrations though! Good luck on your next steps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gutted! I was partway through the Oddish pattern! Understandable why you did remove them however. Here’s to hoping you share them again in future, they’re the best pokemon ones I’ve found yet! A shame your generosity was taken advantage of :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just discovered you and was really hoping to make your haunter and gengar but I wish you luck in finding a way to share your patterns that makes you happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear this! I was just getting into crochet and you're the only one with a cute slowpoke pattern! I wish you the best though and hope you can figure out a way to share your patterns in a way that you feel most comfortable, or not if you'd feel more comfortable with that put yourself first!! Best wishes xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry you made this decision. I am a hoarder of pokemon patterns and translate them into dutch with the us therms to the maker.
    I hope you will start making new patterns soon. I love your work best wishes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is suck a bummer. Although there are some other patterns for some of the Pokémon you have designed patterns for, yours are better (even some of the paid ones are nearly as good as yours). I was really looking forward to making some of the Pokémon you have designed. Hopefully you can get this sorted out soon. You never want someone to steal from you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, I'm sorry to read this. I only discovered your site now, your recipes are cute, it's a shame that this happened. I hope one day you can make these beautiful recipes available again.I only discovered your site now, your recipes are cute, it's a shame that this happened. I hope one day you can make these beautiful recipes available again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry to hear this! I came across your Haunter pattern trying to find a Christmas gift to make for my husband this year and I thought he would love it. His favorite Pokemon to this day is still Haunter, and your pattern having the tongue hanging out was just PERFECT! He loves goofy faces! I'm sorry someone has taken advantage of your kindness. Needless to say, I'll be checking back to see if your patterns ever return!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ganger is my favorite. I just got to your patterns, I was willing to try my first crochet. I will keep looking for patterns, Thank you anyway for the great inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I check here daily, i am really wanting to make starmie and magnemite, fingers are still crossed that you come back to us. From one pokemon fan to another, ur missed girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my god, it's so sad to see that the patterns are no longer here, my girlfriend does crochet too and we always look for good patterns, was looking for the slowpoke galar pattern but when I entered I looked at all the amazing work you had, hopefully the patterns come back again!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope that the patterns will return soon! Even if they are no longer free. I would happily pay for these!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts